Have you recently tried to use the text tool in Photoshop and found that it is for some reason, not working? Baffling isn’t it? I’m using Photoshop from the Creative Cloud, (Photoshop CC) and this happened to me today. I was typing away and nothing was showing up on my text layer.
Always Check The Obvious First
First I checked all the obvious things and none of these made any difference.
- Check that your text layer is on top and that it is not being obscured by other layers?
- Check that the font size you used is not so small you can’t see it? I know that sounds daft but it can happen.
- Have you looked to see if you have the outline tool selected by mistake, instead of the main text tool?
- Is the text layer set to be invisible? Check the sys icon next to the text layer in the layers panel
- Have you tried changing the font to Arial and seeing if this makes a difference? Sone font can cause issues.
The Ultimate Solution
If the previous suggestions do not work for you, try this :
- Open The Paragraph/Character Panel
- Click on the button shown here at (1) to open the Character/Paragraph panel shown at (2) (assuming it is not already open).
- Pop Out The Menu
- Next click on the tiny symbol show here. An extra menu will pop out at this point.
- Reset Character
- Next, click on reset character. This will undo anything that is not quite right with your text settings. Bear in mind that it will reset your text size and font, but at least your font should start working again. Just re-select your font, font-color and font size to what you want afterwards.